"Therefore go and make disciples of all nations..." Mt. 28:19

Hi everyone!

This blog is to help keep everyone updated about my life here in Germany! As most of you know, I am living in southern Germany, serving as a Resident Assistant at an international high school called Black Forest Academy for missionary kids for 2 years! I currently live in Wittlingen Dorm with about 20 high school girls, encouraging, mentoring, and discipling them in the Lord. Since my senior year in high school, I have felt that God has called me to minister to high schoolers and am so excited that I am living that out. I absolutely love what I do! Love my girls and love what God is doing here!

If you’d like to find out about a bit more about the school BFA or the mission organization TeachBeyond, feel free to check out the websites: www.bfacademy.com and www.teachbeyond.org

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Training in the Windy City


As the days go on, moving to Germany and serving at BFA is becoming more and more of a reality, and I am stoked!  This next week, I am flying out to Chicago, specifically Wheaton College, for training.  This will also be the first time I meet some of the people, like other RAs, whom I will be serving together with.  As I prepare for BFA, I ask that you join with me in praying for me and the students I will be working with:
--Pray for boldness and courage on my part.  It’s a bit nervewracking at times moving so far away without knowing anybody at the place I’m moving to.
--Pray for the girls in my dorm that the Lord really transforms them this year and comforts them and brings them great friends as they too are from home.
--Pray that God uses me to reach and connect to the girls, to help bring them up in the Lord; that I am tuned into the Spirit’s leading in this area.
--Pray that the students, RAs, and dorm parents would all experience a wonderful community within each dorm. 

No comments:

Post a Comment